Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: April 2019
Capital Paving Inc., a family run construction company and a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Company’s based in Puslinch, Ontario is currently looking for a Sewer and Watermain Superintendent.
We are looking for an experienced superintendent who will ensure the safe delivery of complex Sewer and Watermain projects on time and on budget. The successful candidate will report to various Project Managers; as well as the Sewer and Watermain Infrastructure Manager. You will safely lead and direct our team of Sewer and Watermain field staff to success on each project.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and be an ambassador of the Company’s Health and Safety Program and Policy.
- Be familiar with each project and perform daily visits.
- Develop, foster and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors, the general public and the various Project Teams.
- Supervise, mentor, motivate, coach and train all sewer and watermain staff.
- Ensure all work is completed to local standards, drawings, specifications, and project schedules.
- Develop and implement recovery plans when a project schedule is at risk.
- Maintain all field documentation including; daily construction logs, rental records, safety reporting and any information as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the identification, hiring, and retention of on-site personnel.
- Allocate sewer and watermain crews to sewer and watermain related projects.
- Attend weekly construction operation meetings.
- Acknowledge project specific targets for both financials and scheduling at the onset, during and at the end of each project. Be extremely aware of labour costs and raise alerts to the Project Manager if those targets are not being met.
Relevant Experience and Qualifications:
- 7 to 10 years of Supervisory Construction experience within the Sewer and Watermain industry. Municipal reconstruction experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated and proven ability to successfully manage field staff.
- Superior communication, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, with specific attention to trench safety.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to create, foster and maintain open and honest relationships with Local Municipal Government, Consultants, General Contractors, Sub-Contractors and the general public.
What we have to offer:
- The opportunity to be a part of a family run Company; where we understand family is always first and where our first priority is that all employees return home safely at the end of every day and be proud of what they accomplished.
- A very competitive salary, a company vehicle, benefits and insurance after three months of service, enrollment in the Company matched pension plan after 12 months, a Company phone and laptop.
Interested and Qualified Candidates should forward their cover letter and resume via email to Derek Goddard, C.E.T., Sewer and Watermain Infrastructure Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Capital Paving Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Capital please visit www.capitalpaving.net
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time