Office Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: March 7, 2023.
Posting Closing Date: April 1, 2023.
Start Date: April 25, 2023 (Construction Season)
Directly Reporting To: Foreperson
Indirect Report: Supervisor / Project Manager
Capital Paving is a heavy civil construction company with headquarters in Puslinch, ON. Established in 1982, Capital is proudly entering its 41th anniversary year and is looking for energetic, team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly expanding construction team. Capital Paving specializes in multi-faceted heavy civil projects ranging in size from single-day paving operations to any Industrial/Commercial/ Institutional projects, to multi-year municipal & MTO reconstruction projects, including alternate delivery methods. Capital Paving has the in-house capacity to complete paving, grading, curb, sidewalk, structural concrete such as retaining wall and bridges, sewer and watermain installation, aggregate processing, asphalt manufacturing along with ‘in house’ material testing and equipment maintenance facility.
A General Labourer works with a team in a variety of construction and road building projects. The work is satisfying, physically demanding and involves long days outdoors. You will be involved in the operation of all pertinent machinery on paving/ resurfacing in asphalt or concrete. You will be required to join the union to be hired for this position. Please note that this is a seasonal position from April/May to Nov/Dec. Students returning to school in September MAY be considered but the preference is for candidates available for the full construction season.
– Operate and maintain a variety of construction tools and small equipment.
– Adhere to quality workmanship standards set forth by the crew and company.
– Clean equipment, facilities and maintain housekeeping on the project site.
– Maintain construction tools or equipment.
– Signal equipment operators to indicate proper equipment positioning.
– Check grades with tape measure when necessary.
– Have a knowledge of underground infrastructure components and the assembly techniques that apply to them.
– Dig holes or trenches to locate utilities.
– Mark reference points on construction materials.
– Mix and use concrete to parge and bench.
– Operate construction equipment (jumping jack, jackhammer, quick-cut saw, etc.)
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Minimum 1-year experience in civil infrastructure construction.
– Excel in a team environment.
– Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
– Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
– Valid G-Class Driver’s License.
Wages and benefits will be as per LUNIA Local 837
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.