Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: May, 2018
Direct Report to: Office Manager and Health and Safety Manager
- Maintain Capital Paving Inc (Capital) image and reputation at all times
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Provide experience expertise and knowledge to the company.
- Capable of reporting to multiple individuals on various topics and adapting to their individual leadership styles
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by following rules and guidelines in Capital’s Health and Safety Policy and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Primary Responsibilities: Front Desk/ Reception 15 hours per week
- Accommodate visitors, clients and job candidates
- Operate switchboard in conjunction with the auto – attendant, screening calls, paging, taking messages and/or using voicemail
- Manage all matters pertaining to reception/office appearance
- Arrange for and receive any courier requirements
- Make copies, creating documents and updating forms
- Generate professional written correspondence.
- Take dictation from senior employees.
- Provide overall coordination of office support services and related activities
- Open, review and distribute incoming mail on a daily basis
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Miscellaneous filing for accounting staff.
- Prepare petty cash records and cash count on a monthly basis and send information to finance department by the end of the month.
- Assist with administrative tasks and provide research and administrative support to all departments and individuals where necessary
- Assist Communications Coordinator with social media postings as well as Promotional and advertisings
- Participate in and assist in company events and organization of events for the company
- Ensure kitchen area and boardrooms are kept clean throughout the day, including end of day kitchen duties. Also assist in setting up meetings in boardrooms by ensuring coffee is ready and water is available
- Ad hoc duties as required and directed by Office Manager
Primary Responsibilities: Health and Safety Administration – 25 hours per week
- Assist H&S Manager with all record keeping for COR system
- Create spreadsheets to easily track and portray important information
- Communicate with Capital staff in the field to obtain all information in a timely manner
- Data entry for all modules of COR program
- Provide weekly and monthly reports statistics on all submissions and requirements to indicate compliance levels
- Update H&S polices on an as required basis
- Create and update power point presentations for all safety presentations
- Update training matrix for all training completed by staff with expiry dates
- Provide additional administration assistance to Project managers and field staff
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Excellent communication and telephone skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point etc...).
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Energetic, self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong work ethic with the ability to lead and direct other staff
- Must be comfortable dealing with the public.
- Friendly personality- approachable, outgoing, assertive
- Flexible and resourceful at problem solving
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Indoor and outdoor environments with various weather conditions
- Core office hours of 8 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday
- Weekend and evening work may be required to meet demands of the position
- Work station located at front desk reception
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com
Ensure the position applying for is listed in the subject line.