We are looking for experienced Sewer and Watermain Heavy Equipment Operators, the ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the Sewer and Watermain industry. The successful candidates will be responsible for the safe operation of a completely new fleet of Heavy Equipment. Ideally, you will be fluent in all aspects of all underground Sewer and Watermain Construction, with specific emphasis on Municipal Work.
Responsibilities include ensuring the safety of employees and job sites at all times, the highest quality of workmanship possible, and ensuring maximum profitability for projects.
Skills we require:
- Ability to effectively communicate with the Crew, Foreman, Supervisors, Managers, Contract Administrators and the General Public.
- Previous experience in installing watermain, both storm and sanitary sewers, manholes, within all Municipal tolerances
- Duties may also include general maintenance and visual inspection of equipment such as checking oil levels, greasing the equipment, checking for cracked metal and worn hydraulic hoses
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans
- Working 10+ hours per day, 5 days per week; and occasional night or weekend work
- Ability work in a strong team environment
- Must be flexible and able to operate a variety of equipment as required
- Valid Drivers Licence
- First Aid/CPR an asset
Job Type: Full-time Seasonal
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 5 years
- Sewer and Watermain: 5 years
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in joining the Capital team, email you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; quoting Equipment Operator - Sewer and Watermain in the subject line.
Date Posted: May 30th, 2017