Capital Paving is looking to hire a Construction Foreperson to join our team for the upcoming 2021 construction season. If you enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a team then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: March 10, 2022
Application Deadline: April 01, 2022
Start Date: ASAP, 2022 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Construction Project Managers & Project Supervisors
Indirect Report: Senior Construction Operations Team
You will supervise and positively motivate road construction, earth-moving, general utility construction crews, coordinate with project-specific construction crews in the mutual interest of assuring constructive quality and completion of the overall construction schedule. You will be required to assist in the planning, scheduling, and execution of medium to large road construction operations as they relate to project-specific construction schedules and budgets.
The ideal candidate is experienced in earth-moving operations, sewer and water-main construction, quality control/quality assurance of earth and granular materials. They will possess both excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can manage people, and work well independently and as part of a team. ICI, MTO, and Municipal Reconstruction experience would be considered assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Training and supervising the multidisciplinary crew members.
- Responsible for maintaining and training staff on proper usage of tools and equipment provided to complete construction tasks.
- Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.)
- Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow up action.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Execute construction plans under the direction of Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Possess extensive road building and construction knowledge, including previous experience as a Foreperson.
- Candidates must have experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong organizational, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and positive crew motivator.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset. Additional training can be arranged for successful candidates.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive wage and benefit package.
- Company vehicle and phone.
- Advancement opportunities.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.