Capital Paving is looking to expand it's Construction Operations Management team with an available Trucking Operations Management position for the upcoming 2020 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 31, 2020
Start Date: March 30, 2020
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Report and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team (Construction Operations Manager, Infrastructure and Development Manager, and Estimating Manager) and other essential management staff. The Trucking Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for the management and supervision of trucking and floating requirements for various aggregate and construction projects, ensuring timeliness for equipment floating and consistency in trucking supply. Develope and implement effective policies toward contracting new brokers and ensuring construction sites and Asphalt Plant efficiencies are met for trucking requirements.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the oversight, scheduling, and management of the hired trucking fleet for asphalt paving, granular excavation, and granular supply on various construction sites.
- Monitor and adjust trucking needs if required throughout the day to accommodate dynamic construction workloads.
- Monitor, manage and report trucking costs on construction projects.
- Allocate trucks by organizing, analyzing and overseeing the assigned workload and provide feedback to the operations team for service requirements/availability.
- Improve efficiencies by analyzing procedures at the asphalt plant and various construction sites.
- Communicate with drivers, asphalt plant and site Forepersons regularly to ensure site efficiencies are achieved.
- Drive to various construction sites and trucking routes to ensure broker compliance is maintained.
- Support existing relationships with drivers/brokers while cultivating new relationships with new drivers/brokers.
- Populate and distribute daily trucking schedules to construction and management staff.
- Develop and implement strategies with the Aggregate Manager to optimize pit material supply and broker sustainability and efficiencies.
- Enforce and instruct brokers/drivers on trucking performances with regards to timelines, reliability, and accuracy to ensure worksite efficiencies are satisfied and consistency in trucking is maintained.
- Enforce company procedures are adhered to by brokers/drivers, and ensure disciplinary actions are implemented when required.
- Ensure that the brokers/drivers comply with hours of intended service.
- Review and correct Daily Trucking Records (DTR) for processing.
- Collect and allocate floating requirements for construction sites and maintain a database for the location of all equipment.
- Provide direction and timelines to float drivers and/or brokers to support them in delivering equipment to projects correctly, safely in a timely manner.
- Willingness to ensure project requirements are fulfilled throughout the construction day/evening.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by following rules & guidelines established by the company and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- All other duties requested by management.
- Knowledge of the trucking and road construction industry.
- Business or construction-related postsecondary education, knowledge gained through experience would be an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite programs preferred, (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project)
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills including prioritizing workloads, multi-tasking and time management techniques.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to lead and direct other staff members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-motivated.
- Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude toward team leadership and a high degree of creativity toward problem-solving.
- Maintain a valid G driver’s license.
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to email@example.com
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months.