Capital Paving is looking to expand it's Construction Operations team with an available Resource Coordinator position for the upcoming 2020 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 31, 2020
Start Date: March 30, 2020
Position Type: Full Time/Seasonal
Report and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team (Construction Operations Manager, Infrastructure and Development Manager, Trucking Operations Manager, and Estimating Manager) and other essential management staff. The Resource Coordinator will manage and ensure all construction materials are accurately inspected to ensure all broker/customer traffic is optimized.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Signing in of trucks and providing direction to construction sites.
- Directing trucks to the asphalt plant in accordance with loading times from dispatch sheets.
- Provide tickets to the Brokers and outside sales as required.
- Filling out and reviewing Daily Trucking Reports ensuring accuracy.
- Reviewing the dispatch sheets and monitoring broker performances.
- Reporting pertinent issues to appropriate management staff.
- Liaise between Project Managers, Supervisors, and Forepersons to cost-effectively share resources in the effort of optimizing productivity.
- Accurate database record-keeping for the location of all company-owned construction equipment and rental equipment.
- Monitor and record small tools and supplies to ensure stock is maintained for construction needs.
- Inspect and direct incoming materials to the appropriate site/dump and ensure traffic is optimized.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by following and enforcing rules & guidelines established by the company and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Conduct yourself professionally and maturely.
- Ensure constant communication with the Trucking Operations Manager.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite programs preferred, (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project)
- Extremely organized with clear communication abilities.
- Good knowledge of the trucking needs and the construction industry.
- Basic knowledge of the timing required for a transport truck to travel in the area.
- The ability to lead and direct brokers/drivers.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of aggregates and construction materials would be an asset.
- Enforce company procedures are adhered to by brokers/drivers, and ensure disciplinary actions are implemented as required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc. as the construction season requires.
- Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude toward team leadership and a high degree of creativity toward problem-solving
- Must be a self-starter and possess positive team motivator characteristics.
- Results-driven with a positive approach to achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Bilingual/Multilanguage abilities are an asset.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive wages and benefit package
- Advancement opportunities
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to email@example.com
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months.