Capital Paving is looking to hire a Project Manager to join our team for the upcoming 2022 construction season. If you are interested in a hands-on approach to gaining valuable construction experience, we would like to connect with you.
Office Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 18, 2022
Application Deadline: February 25, 2022
Start Date: March 15, 2022 (Construction Season)
Directly Reporting To: Senior Construction Operations Team
Capital Paving is a heavy civil construction company with headquarters in Puslinch, ON. Established in 1982, Capital is proudly entering our 40th anniversary year and are looking for energetic, team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly expanding construction team. Capital Paving specializes in multi-faceted heavy civil projects ranging in size from single day paving operations to any Industrial/ Commercial/ Institutional projects, to multi-year municipal & MTO reconstruction projects, including alternate delivery methods. Capital Paving has the in-house capacity to complete paving, grading, curb, sidewalk, structural concrete such as retaining wall and bridges, sewer and watermain installation, aggregate processing, asphalt manufacturing along with ‘in house’ material testing and equipment maintenance facility.
Report and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team (Construction Operations Manager, Infrastructure and Development Manager, and Estimating Manager) and other essential management staff. The Project Manager will lead and manage the day-to-day operations on multiple projects through the construction and commissioning phases, while ensuring at all stages, site safety, construction efficiency, overall project schedule, work standards, and budget allocation are being strictly adhered to. The Project Manager is responsible for culminating a positive, team-oriented working environment with their Project Teams, and holding individual team members accountable for their specified tasks.
You will be accountable for the development, implementation, monitoring, and control of construction initiatives including compliance with all health and safety and engineering construction standards.
With the appropriate allocation of resources, you will participate in constructability reviews and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team during planning phases to capture essential construction requirements, cost containment, and on-time delivery. You must be able to deal effectively with the bid process and major contract packages while identifying and analyzing any risk factors. You will ensure ongoing effective communication and documentation between the Senior Construction Operations Team and other essential disciplines.
• Manage Construction Projects to ensure established company policies and procedure are adhered to in the following:
- Quality of workmanship
- Technical specifications (including minimizing deficiencies)
- Reliability and timeliness
- Scheduling and productivity
• Manage effective and timely tracking of project costs as a key contributor to project profitability.
• Work with the estimating team to gain an understanding of the project estimate and identify opportunities to ensure profitability on the project.
• Provide guidance and coaching to Construction Project Supervisors and Construction Forepersons to support them in giving clear work direction and effective training to other essential disciplines. Ensure that there are open lines of communication between all parties and that the positive company culture and working environment is continual between all projects.
• Ensure Construction Supervisors are managing Construction Forepersons’ work performance and productivity of crews through regular feedback and guidance to ensure work is being done effectively and that OHSA and Capital’s H&S policies and procedures are being followed.
• Apprise Senior Construction Operations Team of project status weekly, and recommend modifications to resources, schedule, and projected productions against estimate, if appropriate.
• Attend weekly Construction Scheduling and Operations Meetings
• Strong leadership, management, and supervisory skills.
• Strong understanding of civil construction practices and the ability to manage multi-disciplinary construction projects.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc. as the assigned construction project requires.
• Experience with sewer and water main projects is considered an asset.
• Must be a self-starter and possess positive team motivator characteristics.
• Results-driven with a positive approach to achieving goals.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in civil construction.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
• C.E.T. or P.Eng. designation will be considered an asset.
• Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
• Extensive knowledge of OTM Book 7 including designing and implementing traffic control plans on municipal roads and 400 series highways. Additional training can be arranged for the successful candidate.
• Valid G-Class Drivers License.
• Competitive wage and benefit package, retirement savings plan, including paid vacation time.
• Company vehicle, gas card, laptop and phone.
• Yearly Salary Reviews will be completed with the Senior Construction Operations Team along with quarterly performance reviews / open communication meetings will be completed with all salaried staff.
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.