Capital Paving is looking to expand it's Construction Estimating team with an available position as a Junior Estimator/Administrator for the upcoming 2020 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 13, 2020
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Report and work closely with the Estimating Manager in researching and determining available suitable projects out for tender; i.e. web-based municipal and provincial web sites, personal contacts with engineering consulting firms, municipalities, and private developers.
The Junior Project Estimator/Administrator will be responsible for the completion of electronic quantity takeoffs as part of assisting the Estimating teams in the comprehensive completion of tender packages.
- Review and have a thorough understanding of all project specifications and drawings, ensuring all tendering notices are recieved during the bidding process.
- Assisting estimators with contacting subcontractors and suppliers with RFQ's and follow up to ensure a timely response, as well as ensuring they understand the scope of which they are providing a quote.
- Develop basic estimates accurately while adhering to the timeframe allotted by the client for timely tender submissions.
- Maintain personal contacts with client project managers, contract administrators, other project representatives, and suppliers.
- All other duties requested by senior management.
- Ability to analyze technical aspects of projects, interpret and read construction drawings and contract specifications.
- Continual development of the ability to conceptualize sound construction practices toward the completion of basic estimates.
- Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude toward team leadership and a high degree of creativity toward problem-solving.
- Must be a self-starter and results-driven candidate with a positive approach to achieving goals.
- Minimum 1-5 years of experience in civil construction.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite programs preferred, (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project)
- Experience with Bid2Win Estimating program.
- Ability to obtain either a C.E.T or P.Eng designation.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Advancement opportunities
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months.