Capital Paving is looking to expand it's Construction Operations and Heavey Equipment Operation teams with Heavy Equipment Operator positions available for the upcoming 2020 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 14, 2020
Start Date: April 2020 (Construction Season)
- Responsible for the safe operation of various heavy construction equipment on construction sites.
- Strong safety record and willingness to work in multiple operations (i.e. granular placement, asphalt placement, bulk excavation, sewer and water-main construction).
- Duties may also include general maintenance and visual inspection of equipment such as checking oil levels, greasing the equipment, checking for cracked metal and worn hydraulic hoses.
- Report all incidents and necessary repairs to the Construction Operations and Fleet Management team.
- Proven experience operating the following will be considered a strong asset
- Paving Equipment (shuttle buggy, asphalt paver, asphalt steel roller, and asphalt rubber rollers)
- Excavators (bulk excavation, mainline sewer)
- Front Loaders and Backhoe
- Granular Compactors
- Experience in highway projects and crews will be considered a strong asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Team player with a positive attitude toward the safe operations of heavy equipment in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage.
- A strong understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act will be considered an asset.
- Union membership
- Competitive wages and benefit package
- Advancement opportunities
Job Type: Full Time/Seasonal*
*Please note that this is a seasonal position from April/May to Nov/Dec.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position applying for is listed in the subject line.