Capital Paving is looking to hire licensed DZ drivers to join our Construction and Logistics Operations Team for the upcoming 2022 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0.
Date Posted: March 22, 2022.
Start Date: May 2, 2021 (Construction Season).
Reporting To: Logistics Operations Manager.
Positions Available: Two (2) Full Time/Seasonal.
The qualified person will be required to safely operate various heavy-duty vehicles as part of completing a variety of driving duties. The candidate will be required to maintain accurate Drivers Daily Logs following Federal and Provincial regulations and company needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- The safe operation of Triaxle Dump Trucks, Single Axle Dump Trucks, Water Trucks, and Crash Trucks.
- Responsible for daily inspection of the vehicle, ensuring proper function of all safety-related features of the vehicle at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Logistics Operations Manager and other Construction Team members.
- A valid DZ license and CVOR in good standing.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by following rules and guidelines established by Capital Paving.
- An understanding of how to complete manual daily logs, timesheets, and daily circle checks of your vehicle.
- Experience with operating triaxle trucks, tandem axle trucks and single-axle trucks are considered an asset.
- Ability to deal with conflict, stress and time constraints in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- • Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Competitive wages per Teamster Union Agreement (No. 879).
- Advancement opportunities.
* Please note that this is a seasonal position from April/May to Nov/Dec.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.