Capital Paving is looking to hire a licensed DZ driver to join our Construction and Logistics Operations Team for the upcoming 2022 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: April 22, 2022
Start Date: May 2022 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Logistics Operations Manager
Positions Available: One (1) Full Time/Seasonal
The qualified person will be required to safely operate various heavy-duty vehicles as part of completing a variety of driving duties. The candidate will be required to maintain accurate Drivers Daily Logs following Federal and Provincial regulations and company needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- The safe operation of Water Trucks and/or Crash Trucks.
- Responsible for daily inspection of the vehicle, ensuring proper function of all safety-related features of the vehicle at all times;
- Other duties as assigned by Logistics Operations Manager and other Construction Team members.
- A valid DZ license and CVOR in good standing.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by following rules and guidelines established by Capital Paving.
- An understanding of how to complete manual daily logs, timesheets, and daily circle checks of your vehicle.
- Experience with operating water trucks and/or crash trucks is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset. Additional training can be arranged for successful candidates.
- Ability to deal with conflict, stress and time constraints in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and nights.
- Wages starting at $25.63/hr per Teamster Union Agreement (No. 879).
- Additional $1.50/hr premium for night shift work.
- Advancement opportunities
* Please note that this is a seasonal position from May/June to Oct/Nov.
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.