Capital Paving is looking to expand it's Construction Project Supervision team with two (2) available Project Supervisor positions for the upcoming 2020 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 13, 2020
Start Date: March 16, 2020
The Construction Project Supervisor will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities on a construction project. The supervisor will be expected to oversee overall adherence to project-specific technical specifications, implementing and monitoring cost-containment measures to ensure project profitability against the original project budget.
Additionally, the Construction Project Supervisor will responsible for, scheduling and supervision of third party contractors and ensuring job sites are safe and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects (OHSA and RCP). Candidates will be expected to diligently enforce the safe work policies and procedures outlined in Capital's Health and Safety Program.
- Oversee Construction Projects to ensure they meet the following objectives:
- quality of workmanship
- technical specifications (including minimizing deficiencies)
- reliability and timeliness
- scheduling and productivity.
- Manage effective and timely tracking of project costs as a key contributor to project profitability.
- Work with the estimating team to gain an understanding of the project estimate and identify opportunities to ensure profitability on the project.
- Track production relative to project estimate and flag any concerns related to project costs on a pro-active basis to the Construction Project Manager and provide feedback to Estimating to enable appropriate cost containment of projects and necessary adjustments.
- Provide guidance and coaching to Construction Forepersons to support them in giving clear work direction and effective training to the construction crew.
- Ensure Forepersons are managing work performance and productivity of crews through regular feedback and guidance to ensure work is being done effectively and that OHSA and Capital’s H&S policies and procedures are being followed.
- Apprise Project Manager/Operations Manager of project status on a weekly basis, and recommend modifications to resources, schedule and projected productions against estimate, if appropriate.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience in civil infrastructure construction.
- Experience with sewer and water-main projects.
- C.E.T or P.Eng designation.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months.