Capital Paving is looking to hire a Construction Project Manager to join our team for the upcoming 2021 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 22, 2021
Start Date: March 15, 2021 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Construction Operations Manager
Positions Available: One (1) Full Time/Permanent
Report and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team (Construction Operations Manager, Infrastructure and Development Manager, and Estimating Manager) and other essential management staff. The Project Manager will lead and manage the day-to-day site construction through the construction and commissioning phases ensuring at all stages, site safety, construction efficiency and on-time construction processes are following the project schedule, work standards, and budget allocation.
You will be accountable for the development, implementation, monitoring, and control of construction initiatives including compliance with all health and safety and engineering construction standards. With the appropriate allocation of resources, you will participate in constructability reviews and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team during planning phases to capture essential construction requirements, cost containment, and on-time delivery. You must be able to deal effectively with the bid process and major contract packages while identifying and analyzing any risk factors. You will ensure ongoing effective communication and documentation between the Senior Construction Operations Team and other essential disciplines.
- Manage Construction Projects to ensure established company policies and procedure are adhered to in the following:
- Quality of workmanship
- Technical specifications (including minimizing deficiencies)
- Reliability and timeliness
- Scheduling and productivity.
- Manage effective and timely tracking of project costs as a key contributor to project profitability.
- Work with the estimating team to gain an understanding of the project estimate and identify opportunities to ensure profitability on the project.
- Provide guidance and coaching to Construction Project Supervisors and Construction Forepersons to support them in giving clear work direction and effective training to other essential disciplines.
- Ensure Construction Supervisors are managing Construction Forepersons’ work performance and productivity of crews through regular feedback and guidance to ensure work is being done effectively and that OHSA and Capital’s H&S policies and procedures are being followed.
- Apprise Senior Construction Operations Manager of project status weekly, and recommend modifications to resources, schedule and projected productions against estimate, if appropriate.
- Strong leadership, management, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to analyze technical aspects of projects and convey them to the Senior Operations Team and other disciplines.
- Strong understanding of civil construction practices and the ability to manage multi-disciplinary construction projects.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc. as the assigned construction project requires.
- Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude toward team leadership and a high degree of creativity toward problem-solving
- Experience with sewer and water main projects.
- Must be a self-starter and possess positive team motivator characteristics.
- Results-driven with a positive approach to achieving goals.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in civil construction.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- C.E.T. or P.Eng. designation will be considered an asset.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to email@example.com
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months.