Capital Paving is looking to expand it's Construction Project Management team with two (2) available Project Management positions for the upcoming 2020 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 13, 2020
Start Date: March 16, 2020
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Report and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team (Construction Operations Manager, Infrastructure and Development Manager, and Estimating Manager) and other essential management staff. The Project Manager will lead and manage the day to day site construction through the construction and commissioning phases ensuring at all stages, site safety, construction efficiency and on-time construction processes are in accordance with the project schedule, work standards, and budget allocation.
You will be accountable for the development, implementation, monitoring, and control of construction initiatives including compliance with all health and safety and engineering construction standards. With the appropriate allocation of resources, you will participate in constructability reviews and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team during planning phases to capture essential construction requirements, cost containment, and on-time delivery. It is essential that you will be able to deal effectively with the bid process and major contract packages while identifying and analyzing any risk factors. You will ensure ongoing effective communication and documentation between the Senior Construction Operations Team and other essential disciplines.
The principal requirements of this position are good management and problem-solving skills; the Project Manager provides strategic leadership to a multi-discipline team for Capital Paving projects.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to analyze technical aspects of projects and convey them in a clear fashion to the Senior Operations Team and other disciplines.
- Strong understanding of civil construction practices and the ability to manage multi-disciplinary construction projects.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc as the assigned construction project requires.
- Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude toward team leadership and a high degree of creativity toward problem-solving
- Experience with sewer and water main projects.
- Must be a self-starter and possess positive team motivator characteristics.
- Results-driven with a positive approach to achieving goals.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in civil construction.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- C.E.T or P.Eng designation.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to email@example.com
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months.