Capital Paving is looking to expand it's Construction Forepersons' team with three (3) available positions for the upcoming 2020 construction season. If you enjoy a hands-on approach then we'd like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 14, 2020
Start Date: April 2020 (Construction Season)
You will supervise and positively motivate road construction crews, including sub-trades to assure product quality and completion toward to overall construction schedule. You will be asked to assist in the planning, scheduling, and execution of construction tasks in accordance with the construction schedule and budget.
The ideal candidate is experienced in earth-moving operations, sewer and water-main construction, quality control/quality assurance of earth and granular materials. They will possess both excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can manage people, and work well independently and as part of a team. ICI experience would be an asset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Training and supervising the labour staff and crew members.
- Managing and operating multiple tools and small construction equipment.
- Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.)
- Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow up action.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Execute construction plans under the direction of Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Successful candidates will possess exceptional leadership qualities in leading multidisciplinary crews (i.e Excavation, Grading, Utility Installations, etc.)
- Candidates must have experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
- Experience with sewer and water-main projects.
- Supervise the safe operation of various earthmoving equipment
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Team player and positive crew motivator.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com
Ensure the position applying for is listed in the subject line.