Capital Paving is looking to expand it's Construction Estimating team with an available position as a Construction Estimator.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 13, 2020
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Report and work closely with the Senior Construction Estimating Manager in researching and determining suitable projects out for tender; i.e. web-based municipal and provincial sites, personal contacts with engineering consulting firms, municipalities, and private developers.
The Construction Estimator will be responsible for the development, internal presentation, and submission of complete cost estimates for designated construction projects. Comprehensively complete estimates adhering to standard specifications, sound engineering practices, and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of submissions.
- Review and have a thorough understanding of all project specifications and drawings, ensuring all tendering notices are recieved during the bidding process.
- Contact several subcontractors and suppliers with RFQ's and follow up to ensure a timely response, as well as ensuring they understand the scope of which they are providing a quote.
- Prior to the tender closing date, perform a presentation of the completed estimate to the Senior Construction Operations team to ensure the estimate is consistent with the company strategies.
- Attend contract progress meetings when possible, and when requested by management, to be abreast of site results in the instance that an estimator input is required.
- Assist Project Managers with any technical and pricing matters that may arise after the tender has closed and during the construction phase of the estimated work.
- Maintain personal contacts with client project managers, contract administrators, other project representatives, and suppliers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by following rules and guidelines established by Capital Paving
- Ability to analyze technical aspects of projects, interpret and read construction drawings and contract specifications.
- Strong understanding of civil construction practices and the ability to conceptualize sound construction practices.
- Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude toward team leadership and a high degree of creativity toward problem-solving.
- Experience with estimating sewer and water-main projects.
- Must be a self-starter and results-driven candidate with a positive approach to achieving goals.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in estimating civil construction projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite programs preferred, (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project)
- Experience with Bid2Win Estimating program.
- C.E.T or P.Eng designation.
- Strong understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months.