Capital Paving is looking to hire a Concrete Foreperson to join our team for the upcoming 2021 construction season. If you enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a team then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: February 9, 2020
Start Date: March 15, 2021 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Project Managers and Project Supervisors
Positions Available: One (1) Full Time/Seasonal
You will supervise and positively motivate multi-disciplinary concrete forming and placement crews, and coordinate with project-specific construction crews in the mutual interest of assuring constructive quality and completion of the overall construction schedule. You will assist in the planning, scheduling, and execution of concrete placement projects as they relate to project-specific construction schedules and budgets.
The ideal candidate is experienced overseeing all activities in concrete preparation, manual and machine placement methods, as well as quality control/quality assurance experience related to concrete finishing and curing. They will possess both excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can manage people, and work well independently and as part of a team. Slipform concrete curb machine experience would be an asset.
- Training, delegating and supervising the multidisciplinary crew members.
- Managing and operating multiple tools and small construction equipment.
- Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.)
- Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow up action.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Execute construction plans under the direction of Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Possess a broad array of concrete placement and forming knowledge, including previous experience as a Foreperson.
- Candidates must have experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
- Experience with Slipform concrete machine, Allen screed and deck screed will be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and positive crew motivator.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com
Ensure the position applying for is listed in the subject line.