Capital Paving is a well established and full-service construction company, with concrete crews constructing parking lots, residential developments, ICI lots and slabs, sign footings, retaining walls and various decorative stamped, etched, and stenciled concrete projects. We are currently recruiting a dedicated and experienced Concrete Structure Foreperson. The ideal candidate will bring a diverse understanding of a variety of building projects, self-motivated and has highly developed communication skills.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 14, 2020
Start Date: To be determined
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Coordinate and schedule activities in conjunction with other project supervisors or managers
- Hands-on supervision and management of workers on site
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Ensure that plans and schedules are being followed
- Monitor work performance and attendance
- Ensure that the work completed meets quality standards
- Recognize, address, and resolve issues among crew members
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Facilitate and promote a safe, inclusive, team environment
- 3-5 years’ experience running small crews (3-10 workers)
- Forming and bracing walls, culverts, and structures
- In-depth overall construction knowledge
- Experience in forming retaining walls and structures, both wood and steel forms
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety policies and enforcing them on site
- Experience with Allen screeds and deck screeds.
- Working at heights training
- Team player
- Front-runner with self-initiative
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Competitive wages and benefit package
- Advancement opportunities
Job Type: Full Time/Seasonal*
*Please note that this is a seasonal position from April/May to Nov/Dec.
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com
Ensure the position applying for is listed in the subject line.