Capital Paving, a well-established and full-service construction company, with concrete crews constructing parking lots, curb and gutter, sidewalks, residential developments, ICI lots and slabs, retaining walls and various decorative stamped, etched, and stenciled concrete projects are currently recruiting dedicated, experienced Concrete Finishers to join our growing team.
Office Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0.
Date Posted: March 8, 2022.
Posting Closing Date: April 1, 2020.
Start Date: Spring, 2022 (Construction Season).
Directly Reporting To: Concrete Foreperson.
Indirect Report: Concrete Manager, Concrete Superintendent, Project Managers & Supervisors.
Capital Paving is a heavy civil construction company with headquarters in Puslinch, ON. Established in 1982, Capital is proudly entering its 40th anniversary year and is looking for energetic, team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly expanding construction team. Capital Paving specializes in multi-faceted heavy civil projects ranging in size from single-day paving operations to any Industrial/ Commercial/ Institutional projects, to multi-year municipal & MTO reconstruction projects, including alternate delivery methods. Capital Paving has the in-house capacity to complete paving, grading, curb, sidewalk, structural concrete such as retaining wall and bridges, sewer and watermain installation, aggregate processing, asphalt manufacturing along with ‘in house’ material testing and equipment maintenance facility.
The Concrete Finisher is responsible for assisting the Concrete Foreperson with managing the day-to-day activities of construction projects and ensuring that all projects are complete with the utmost consideration of workmanship and safety. You will be an important part of the team that will maintain tools and equipment in top order and utilize them to the best of your abilities. You bring with you a vast knowledge of all types of concrete finishing whether it be stamped, stenciled, curb, you will work on grading, forming and finishing of all concrete. You will also be part of a team, ensuring job sites are safe and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects (OHSA and RCP) and that safe work policies and procedures outlined in Capital's Health and Safety Program are diligently enforced.
- Grade and pack various work areas to make sure proper grades are maintained.
- Quality workmanship.
- Familiar with specifications for each project. (Including minimizing deficiencies).
- Reliability and timeliness.
- Safety and productivity.
- Assist the crew in daily construction activities and assist all team members in their tasks.
- Utilize small hand tools correctly and safely in forming and compaction duties.
- Perform proper Confined space entry procedures when parging and benching manholes.
- Lifting carrying and placing of formwork as needed to perform the job.
- Communicating with others on the team to eliminate any issues/problems that will interfere with the work.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum 3-year experience in civil infrastructure construction.
- Experience with Stamping, Etching and forming of concrete.
- Reading construction drawings and asset.
- Operate small tools like skill saws and quick cuts.
- Strong understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Valid G-Class Driver’s License.
- Capital Paving is a unionized company and enrollment in the union will be a requirement.
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.