Capital Paving is looking to hire a licensed AZ and DZ drivers to join our Construction Operations and Fleet Management team for the upcoming 2021 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 27, 2021
Start Date: May 3, 2021 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Logistics Operations Manager
Positions Available: Two (2) Full Time/Seasonal **
The qualified person will be required to safely operate various pieces of heavy construction equipment as part of completing a variety of floating duties. The candidate will be required to maintain accurate Drivers Daily Logs following Federal and Provincial regulations and company needs.
- The safe operation of Float Trucks; Asphalt Tanker (truck and trailer), Single Axle and Float Trailers, Water Trucks, and Crash Trucks.
- Responsible for daily inspection of the vehicle, and ensuring proper function of all safety-related features of the vehicle at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Logistics Operations Manager.
- A valid AZ/DZ license and clean driver abstract.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by following rules and guidelines established by Capital Paving.
- An understanding of how to complete manual daily logs, timesheets, and daily circle checks of your vehicle.
- Experience with operating triaxle float trucks, tandem axle trucks, single-axle and float trailers are considered an asset.
- Willingness to be trained to operate an AC tanker truck is considered an asset to the career development of the successful candidate.
- Ability to deal with conflict, stress and time constraints in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Competitive wage package, per Teamster Local Union (No. 879)
- Advancement opportunities
**Please note that this is a seasonal position from April/May to Nov/Dec.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position applying for is listed in the subject line.