Capital Paving is looking to hire an Asphalt Plant Maintenance Personnel to join our asphalt production and quality control team. If you enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and supporting a team then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: March 12, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting To: Asphalt Plant Manager
Positions Available: One (1) Full Time/Seasonal
You will assist and positively motivate asphalt plant operations crews, coordinate with construction operations teams and implementation of facility maintenance in the mutual interest of assuring product quality and completion of the overall plant operations schedule. You will be required to assist in the planning, scheduling, and execution of asphalt plant maintenance as they relate to the Asphalt Plant Preventative Maintenance Program.
The ideal candidate is experienced in the operation of computerized Asphalt Plants and/or Aggregate Equipment Operations, and knowledgeable of quality control/quality assurance of various asphalt and granular materials. The candidate should possess a mechanical aptitude and some experience in basic welding/fabrication, electrical, millwrighting and loader operation. They will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to positively motivate team members, and the willingness to work well independently and as part of a team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the plant operator with daily operations and maintenance checks of the plant.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on plant equipment, and complete daily operational and safety reports as required.
- Clean and lubricate critical components of asphalt and other associated plant equipment.
- Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow-up action.
- Ability to learn to operate the plant controls to produce hot mix asphalt as per production schedule
- Document daily production/inventory, quality control results, maintenance logs etc.
- Ability to access all areas of the plant to perform necessary maintenance and repairs. Including working at heights & confined space (training will be provided if necessary)
- Responsible for the preservation of maintenance tools, equipment and work area.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager and Plant Operator.
- Experience interpreting and implementing Preventative Maintenance Programs.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills under pressure situations.
- Mechanically inclined with prior experience working in an asphalt plant or manufacturing plant setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and positive crew motivator.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act in the workplace.
- Comply and enforce the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety policies as they relate to plant operations.
- Must be physically fit and able to respectively lift and carry 50 LBS regularly, as maintenance requirements dictate.
- Experience operating an asphalt plant and plant mixing software will be considered an asset.
- Welding and Oxy/Acetylene torch experience will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Valid G-Class or DZ Drivers License.
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Advancement opportunities
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.