Capital Paving is looking to hire an Asphalt Paving Foreperson to join our team for the upcoming 2021 construction season. If you enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a team then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 15, 2021
Start Date: March 15, 2021 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Asphalt Manager/Superintendent
Positions Available: One (1) Full Time/Seasonal
You will supervise and positively motivate asphalt placement crews, coordinate with project-specific construction crews in the mutual interest of assuring product quality and completion of the overall construction schedule. You will be required to assist in the planning, scheduling, and execution of asphalt placement operations as they relate to project-specific construction schedules and budgets.
The ideal candidate is experienced in medium to large asphalt placement operations and quality control/quality assurance of various asphalt materials. They will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to positively motivate team members, and the willingness to work well independently and as part of a team. Extensive experience in MTO and 400 series highway construction operations will be considered an asset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Training and supervising the crew members.
- Managing and operating multiple standard highway paving equipment.
- Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.).
- Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow up action.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Supervisors, Project Managers and Asphalt Manager.
- Execute construction plans under the direction of Project Supervisors, Project Managers, and Asphalt Managers.
- Possess extensive highway paving experience, including previous experience as a Foreperson.
- Candidates must have experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
- Supervise the safe operation of standard highway asphalt paving equipment.
- Strong organizational, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and positive crew motivator.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.