Capital Paving is looking to hire a Trucking Specialist to join our team for the 2022 construction season. If you are interested in contributing to a progressive team gaining accounting experience, we would like to connect with you.
Office Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0.
Date Posted: April 21, 2022.
Start Date: ASAP, 2022.
Directly Reporting To: Accounts Payable Manager.
Indirect Report: Logistic Operations Manager, Senior Accountant and Controller.
Capital Paving is a heavy civil construction company with headquarters in Puslinch, ON. Established in 1982, Capital is proudly entering its 40th anniversary year and is looking for energetic, team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly expanding construction team. Capital Paving specializes in multi-faceted heavy civil projects ranging in size from single-day paving operations to any Industrial/ Commercial/ Institutional projects, to multi-year municipal & MTO reconstruction projects, including alternate delivery methods. Capital Paving has the in-house capacity to complete paving, grading, curb, sidewalk, structural concrete such as retaining wall and bridges, sewer and watermain installation, aggregate processing, asphalt manufacturing along with ‘in house’ material testing and equipment maintenance facility.
The Trucking Specialist is responsible to assist the Accounts Payable Manager with the timely and accurate entry and processing of high-volume data. The ideal candidate would work well individually and as part of a team to achieve all requirements and deadlines for the Accounting Department.
Organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail are a must. If you feel that this position would be a great fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you!.
Key Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Accurate sorting and entering of DTR’s (daily trucking records) and granular tickets into Microsoft Excel.
- Entering invoices into accounting software (Maestro).
- Organizing and filing.
- Scanning and uploading data.
- Managing and responding to emails.
- Assisting with other administrative-related duties as assigned by the manager.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience or schooling in secretarial, administrative, or accounting is preferred but not mandatory.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- The ability to adapt to change and multi-task.
- Understanding accounting software is preferred but not mandatory.
- Understanding the construction industry is preferred but not mandatory.
- Be organized, motivated and flexible.
- Competitive wage and benefit package.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.
Capital Paving Inc - Job Posting - Trucking Specialist 2022