Capital Paving is looking to add to its Sewer and Watermain team with one (1) available Sewer and Watermain Foreperson position for the upcoming 2020 construction season.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: March 09, 2020
Start Date: 2020 Construction Season
Report and work closely with the Senior Construction Operations Team (Construction Operations Manager and the Infrastructure and Development Manager) and other essential management staff. You will supervise and positively motivate sewer and water-main projects to assure product quality and completion toward to overall construction schedule. You will be asked to assist in the planning, scheduling, and execution of sewer and water-main construction tasks following the overall construction schedule and budget.
The ideal candidate is experienced in sewer and water-main construction, quality control/quality assurance of earth and granular materials. They will possess both excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can manage people, and work well independently and as part of a team. ICI experience would be an asset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Training and supervising the labour staff and crew members.
- Managing and operating multiple tools and small construction equipment.
- Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.)
- Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow up action.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Establish construction methods to meet work schedules.
- Coordinate and schedule activities in conjunction with Project Supervisors or Project Managers.
- Track, order, and account for onsite materials and supplies (in conjunction with Project Supervisor and Project Manager).
- Assist in quantity measurements and cost tracking.
- Ensure that plans and schedules are being followed.
- Monitor worker performance and attendance.
- Monitor and advise Shop Foreman of any construction equipment defects and or required maintenance.
- Ensure that the work completed meets quality standards.
- Recognize, address, and resolve issues among crew members.
- Ensure company health and safety regulations and policies are followed.
- Facilitate and promote safe, inclusive, and respectful team environments.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to read locates, contract drawings, contract documents, and specifications
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience running sewer crews of 5-10 people
- In-depth overall knowledge of sewer and water-main installation methods
- Experience working in indoor and outdoor environments with various weather conditions.
- Experience with shoring and support systems (ie. trench boxes, slide rails, sheeting, hanging utilities)
- Experience with water-main testing and commissioning operations.
- Experience with excavation and grading work considered an asset.
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to email@example.com
Resumes will be kept on file for 6 months.