Capital Paving is looking to hire a Sewer & Watermain Foreperson to join our team for the upcoming 2022 construction season. If you enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a team then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 18, 2022
Application Deadline: February 25, 2022
Start Date: March 15, 2022 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Sewer & Watermain Superintendent
Indirect Report: Senior Construction Operations Team, Construction Project Managers, and Project Supervisors
Capital Paving is a heavy civil construction company with headquarters in Puslinch, ON. Established in 1982, Capital is proudly entering our 40th anniversary year and are looking for energetic, team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly expanding construction team. Capital Paving specializes in multi-faceted heavy civil projects ranging in size from single day paving operations to any Industrial/ Commercial/ Institutional projects, to multi-year municipal & MTO reconstruction projects, including alternate delivery methods. Capital Paving has the in-house capacity to complete paving, grading, curb, sidewalk, structural concrete such as retaining wall and bridges, sewer and watermain installation, aggregate processing, asphalt manufacturing along with ‘in house’ material testing and equipment maintenance facility.
You will supervise and positively motivate sewer & watermain construction, grading & road building efforts with your selected staff and coordinate with project-specific construction crews in the mutual interest of assuring constructive quality and completion of the overall construction schedule. You will be required to contribute to the Construction Operations Team in the planning, scheduling, and execution of medium to large road construction and infrastructure renewal operations as well as civil aspects of new ICI developments as they relate to project-specific construction schedules and budgets.
The ideal candidate has vast experience in sewer and water-main construction, knowledge of local DGSSMS for Waterloo Region, as well as local municipality specifications and material designations. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for quality control/quality assurance of infrastructure and civil underground works, as well as experience reading and interpreting valid locates and construction drawings. They will possess both excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can manage people, and work well independently and as part of a team. ICI, New Greenfield Development(Subdivision) and Municipal Reconstruction experience would be considered assets.
Key responsibilities include:
• Training and supervising the crew members on proper infrastructure installation practices and identified procedures regarding excavation around existing subsurface utilities.
• Responsible for maintaining and training staff on proper usage of tools and equipment provided to complete construction tasks.
• Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.)
• Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow up action.
• Communicate with Sewer & Watermain Superintendent to ensure suitable equipment is present for the assigned tasks. Ensure that the correct materials are available and on site to complete the assigned tasks.
• Other duties as assigned by Sewer & Watermain Superintendent.
• Execute construction plans under the direction of Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
• Possess extensive road building and infrastructure renewal knowledge, including previous experience as a Foreperson.
• Candidates must have experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
• Strong organizational, leadership, and supervisory skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Team player and positive crew motivator.
• Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
• Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset. Additional training can be arranged for successful candidates.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
• Valid G-Class Drivers License.
• Competitive wage and benefit package.
• Company vehicle and phone.
• Advancement opportunities.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.