Capital Paving is looking to hire Pipelayers to join our team for the upcoming 2022 construction season. If you are interested in a hands-on approach to gaining valuable construction experience, we would like to connect with you.
Office Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0.
Date Posted: March 7, 2022.
Posting Closing Date: April 1, 2022.
Start Date: April 25, 2022 (Construction Season).
Directly Reporting To: Foreperson.
Indirect Report: Supervisor / Project Manager / Sewer & Watermain Superintendent.
Capital Paving is a heavy civil construction company with headquarters in Puslinch, ON. Established in 1982, Capital is proudly entering its 40th anniversary year and is looking for energetic, team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly expanding construction team. Capital Paving specializes in multi-faceted heavy civil projects ranging in size from single-day paving operations to any Industrial/ Commercial/ Institutional projects, to multi-year municipal & MTO reconstruction projects, including alternate delivery methods. Capital Paving has the in-house capacity to complete paving, grading, curb, sidewalk, structural concrete such as retaining wall and bridges, sewer and watermain installation, aggregate processing, asphalt manufacturing, along with ‘in house’ material testing and equipment maintenance facility.
The responsibilities of the Pipelayer will be to take the lead on the correct installation of underground infrastructure components, including but not limited to; PVC & concrete pipe, maintenance holes, catch basins, drain chambers, and all required watermain appurtenances. The Pipelayer will assist the foreperson with organizing, planning, and prioritizing work while developing specific daily goals and plans to execute work in an effective manner. The pipelayer will focus on setting the pace for the crew during the day and work closely with the mainline excavator operator to excavate around utilities and identify conflicts and issues encountered in a timely manner. Physical labour will be a daily requirement of the position and applicants should consider themselves physically fit for work.
The Pipelayer will have excellent knowledge of the DGSSMS standards and will move forward adhering to the guidelines and specifications put forth in these documents and adhere to common industry practices.
- Operate and maintain a variety of construction tools and small equipment.
- Adhere to quality workmanship standards set forth by the crew and company.
- Clean equipment, facilities and maintain housekeeping on the project site.
- Maintain construction tools or equipment.
- Signal equipment operators to indicate proper equipment positioning.
- Check grades with GPS Rover, stick layout, rotary laser, or tape measure when necessary.
- Set up and check daily Pipe Laser and Transit for setting line for the crew.
- Have extensive knowledge of DGSSMS Standards and specifications as well as common practices for the installation of all underground infrastructure components.
- Review blueprints or specifications to determine work requirements.
- Understand definition of confined space and the required processes and procedures that must be adhered to.
- Compact materials to create level bases for pipe and structures.
- Dig holes or trenches to locate utilities. Must be able to accurately read locate packages.
- Mark reference points on construction materials.
- Mix and use concrete to parge and bench.
- Operate construction equipment (jumping jack, jackhammer, quick-cut saw, etc.).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in civil infrastructure construction.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Experience in the use of GPS equipment is an asset.
- Valid G-Class Driver’s License.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.
Capital Paving Inc - Job Posting - Pipe-Layer 2022