Capital Paving is looking to hire a Construction Foreperson to join our team for the current 2021 construction season. If you enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a team then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: August 16, 2021
Start Date: ASAP (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Project Managers and Project Supervisors
Positions Available: Two (2) Full Time/Seasonal
You will supervise and positively motivate road construction, earth-movement, general utility construction crews, coordinate with project-specific construction crews in the mutual interest of assuring constructive quality and completion of the overall construction schedule. You will be required to assist in the planning, scheduling, and execution of medium to large road construction operations as they relate to project-specific construction schedules and budgets.
The ideal candidate is experienced in earth-moving, granular placement, sewer and water-main construction, as well as quality control/quality assurance experience. They will possess both excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can manage people, and work well independently and as part of a team. Green Field, Road Reconstruction and ICI experience would be an asset.
- Training and supervising the multidisciplinary crew members.
- Managing and operating multiple tools and small construction equipment.
- Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.)
- Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow up action.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Execute construction plans under the direction of Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Possess extensive road building and construction knowledge, including previous experience as a Foreperson.
- Candidates must have experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong organizational, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and positive crew motivator.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Capital Paving Inc. - Construction Foreperson
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position applying for is listed in the subject line.