Capital Paving is looking to hire a Concrete Structure Foreperson to join our team for the upcoming 2022 construction season. If you enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a team, then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0.
Date Posted: February 23, 2022.
Application Deadline: March 18, 2022.
Start Date: As soon as available.
Reporting To: Concrete Project Manager.
Indirect Report: Senior Construction Operations Team, Project Managers, Project Supervisors.
Lead and manage the on-site construction team(s) in bridge rehabilitation. Coordinate and oversee all work on-site(s). Top candidates will be strong leaders and will be proactive. The successful candidate will have experience with Two to Three Weeks Look ahead reports, daily reports, and leading Daily/Weekly safety meeting job requirements: Must have 3-5 years experience in at least 3 of the following areas: Stick forming, Spall repairs, concrete repairs, Deck Overlay, expansion joint installation, Footing forming and pouring, Deck forming, Bridge Jacking, Bearing replacement, Rebar installation, structural steelwork, bridge joints, rip-rap, MTO. Willing to work within Kitchener/Guelph area. Good written, coordination and verbal communication skills. Well organized. Willing to perform hand labour when required.
You will supervise and positively motivate concrete crews and subcontractors in all aspects of bridge and structural construction/remediation. You will ensure that all aspects of structural removals, reconstruction and new construction follow all best practices and municipal/provincial standards.
You will take control of a crew, and with drawings from your experience and knowledge, form, place rebar and pour, footings, retaining walls, abutments, bridge decks, poured in place culverts and parapet walls. You will mentor and train junior staff in the correct methods of stick forming/peri forming, rebar installation to develop a strong working and nurturing environment while maintaining a safe, competitive and productive team.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated, experienced Structure Construction Foreman to join our growing team. This candidate will bring a diverse understanding of a variety of building projects, is self-motivated and has highly developed excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can manage people, and work well independently and as part of a team. MTO and Municipal construction experience would be considered assets.
Key responsibilities include:
• Establish methods to meet work schedules.
• Coordinate and schedule activities in conjunction with other project supervisors or managers.
• Supervise and mentor workers on site (working position not sitting in a trailer).
• Order materials and supplies required on the assigned project.
• Read blueprints and drawings.
• Ensure that plans and schedules are being followed.
• Monitor work performance and attendance of crew members.
• Ensure that the work completed meets quality standards.
• Recognize, address, and resolve issues among crew members.
• Ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
• Facilitate and promote a safe, inclusive team environment.
• Execute construction plans under the direction of Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
• Possess 3-5 years experience leading crews (3-10 workers) as the Construction
• Candidates must be proficient at reading and interpreting construction drawings, plans and specifications.
• Experience forming retaining walls, wood form structures, and steel form structures.
• Experience with Allen screeds and Deck screed an asset.
• Strong organizational, communication, leadership and supervisory skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Team player, front runner and positive crew motivator.
• Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
• Working at Heights Training and aerial lift platforms are mandatory. Any additional training can be arranged for successful candidates.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
• Valid G-Class Drivers License.
• Competitive wage and benefit package.
• Company vehicle and phone.
• Advancement opportunities.
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.
Capital Paving Inc - Job Posting - Concrete Structure Foreperson - 2022