Capital Paving is looking to hire an Asphalt Foreperson to join our team for the upcoming 2022 construction season. If you are driven by success and enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a winning team then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: January 17, 2022
Application Deadline: February 25, 2022
Start Date: March 15, 2022 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Asphalt Paving Superintendent
Indirect Report: Senior Construction Operations Team, Project Managers, Project Supervisors
Capital Paving is a heavy civil construction company with headquarters in Puslinch, ON. Established in 1982, Capital is proudly entering our 40th anniversary year and are looking for energetic, teamoriented individuals to join our rapidly expanding construction team. Capital Paving specializes in multi-faceted heavy civil projects ranging in size from single day paving operations to any Industrial, Commercial, Institutional projects, to multi-year municipal & MTO reconstruction projects, including state of the art delivery methods. Capital Paving has the in-house capacity to complete paving,
grading, curb, sidewalk, structural concrete such as retaining wall and bridges, sewer and watermain installation, aggregate processing, asphalt manufacturing along with in house material testing and equipment maintenance facility. Capital offers a broad range of services which will assist with growing your career in the roadbuilding industry.
As the Asphalt Foreperson you will be responsible for executing paving plans while supervising, training, and leading the crew under your direction ensuring daily production goals are met. You will ensure daily paving tasks are completed efficiently and safely. You will be required to assist in the planning, scheduling, and performance of medium to large paving operations.
The ideal candidate is experienced with various paving operations such as large highway paving projects, municipal roadway paving, parking lot paving, trail paving, and miscellaneous repairs. They will be familiar with the various paving equipment and sizes practical to each paving operation listed.
Having experience on the tail-end of a paver and understanding the setup of the paver will be considered a great asset. They will also possess both excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working in a team atmosphere promoting success. Extensive experience in MTO and 400 series highway construction operations will be considered an asset.
- Recognize Asphalt Operations appointed to and assist in developing safe and efficeient paving plans amongst Asphalt Superintendent, Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Ensure paving operations are organized to start at the time they are scheduled for.
- Training and supervising the crew members, while delegating daily tasks to complete paving operations as scheduled.
- Reporting daily progress to Asphalt Superintendent to adjust schedules as required.
- Monitor and manage assigned trucking subcontractors while coordinating with Asphalt Plant and Dispatch.
- Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.)
- Keeping track of asphalt material distribution throughout the course of the day while communicating with the Asphalt Plant.
- Assist with coordination of paving equipment logistics.
- Ensuring equipment is being checked prior to daily use as well as being operated and maintained correctly. Reporting any defects to Asphalt Superintendent and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensuring Quality Control is being met on a daily basis beginning with asphalt placement, compaction equipment and workmanship.
- Analyzing and reporting daily issues with appropriate follow up action as well as communicating any site issues to appropriate personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Execute Paving plans under the direction of Asphalt Superintendent, Supervisors and Project Managers
- Previous experience as a Foreperson or Lead Hand.
- Candidates must have experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and applying specifications. They will also recognizes potential issues and configure plans to mitigate deficiencies.
- Strong organizational, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Team player and positive crew motivator.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- Hands on Approach assisting in completion of paving tasks.
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for Winter Work
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.